« Home | another shandi post » | created in his image » | shandi's day out » | numberlology » | the men did not move » | prey to their own pride » | advertising advertising » | saving fish from drowning » | yet another personality test » | physiognomy »

a special welcome

It's been quite a while since my last post. A slightly busier schedule and a temporary cure from the writing bug have kept the blog stagnant. Quite a bit has happened since then.

For one, I recently discovered that this blog has been receiving some rather distinguished guests. Much to my initial horror and subsequent amusement. Horror because at that time, I could not say with absolute certainty that I had not revealed any state secrets here (I have since read through all my posts and indeed I have not), and amusement because for those who know how, it really is remarkably easy to track a person down on the Internet. To these special readers who may still be perusing, I'd like to extend a special welcome and also state for the record that all opinions expressed here are personal. If anything I've written impresses you, I am honoured and glad; if anything offends, it is with a sense of personal integrity that I stand by them nonetheless. I only offer that such personal expressions should be understood within their proper experiential contexts and not taken at face value. And by no means are they meant to be an indictment of an entire corp.

So, dear unexpected guests, a pleasure and honour to have you here. My two years spent amidst the auspices of your authority and patronage have been so much more fruitful than I could have ever imagined. Come 10 August, it will be with bittersweet and unfatigued sentiments that I set aside my fatigues. I consider it a privilege to have served with and under you. Well, most of you.